Your car is your companion according to your needs. Starting your day with driving a car decides your mood for the whole day. So, the role of a good car in your life can easily be understood. Before going to select an ideal car you must consider few things like family size, purpose, budget, fuel efficiency, service center, features etc. Additionally, society of Indian automobile manufacturers (SIAM) categorizes cars in different segments based on their length but based on properties different cars have been put under these segments.
Car Segment – Length of the car/Model type- Car model belonging to the segment
A1 Up to 3400mm Nano
A2 3401 to 4000mm Alto, i10, Zen, Wagon R
A3 4001 to 4500mm Manza, Logan, Dzire, City
A4 4501 to 4700mm Corolla, Octavia, Optra
A5 4701 to 5000mm Accord, Camry, Sonata
A6 More than 5000 mm Mercedes S class
B1 Vans Versa, Omni
B2 MUV/MPV Sumo, Innova
SUV SUV Vitara, CRV
Here, are the best 5 cars in different segments
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz SHVS (smart hybrid vehicle by Suzuki).
This hybrid car has following features
- Available in diesel hybrid variant
- its street presence enhanced with sweptback headlights and elongated hood.
- mileage is 28.09km/l
- Engine Power 1248cc
- integrated starter generator (ISG)
- Hyundai Creta VTVT E(PETROL)
- keyless entry
- driver and passenger airbag
- engine power123PS@6400rpm
- mileage 15.29km/l
- anti-lock braking system and electronic brake- force distribution
- Tata Tiago
- The Tata Tiago is offered in both, diesel and petrol avatars. While both engines come with a 5-speed manual transmission as standard, only the petrol is available with a five-speed AMT.
- The diesel is a 1.05-litre unit (70PS/140Nm), while the petrol is a 1.2-litre engine (85PS/114Nm).
- The Tiago delivers a claimed mileage of 23.84kmpl and 27.28kmpl for the petrol and diesel, respectively.
- It gets multi-drive (Eco and City) modes, an 8-speaker sound system developed by Harmon, chilled glove box and electric mirrors.
- Moreover, a segment-best 242-litre of boot space adds practicality to the Tiago.
- VOLVO V40 CROSS COUNTRY D3 (Diesel)
- Front wheel drive
- Engine power 150PS@3500rpm
- Mileage 16.8km/liter
- Driver and passenger airbag
- Heated front seats, electronic climate control and central locking
- Hyundai i20 active(Diesel)
- Engine power 83PS@6000rpm
- Keyless entry, alloy wheels, audio system with Bluetooth
- Mileage 17.19km/liter
- Driver frontal airbag, front passenger frontal airbag
- Body type hatchback